With Fashion Month coming to an end, it’s time to look back through all the collections, from New York to Paris, and see what we can take from the whole experience. Obviously, we kept our eyes open for the shoes, and these are our favorite designs from the season:
1. Jason Wu. We love the increased stability of the V-shaped metallic heel, but also the clean, geometric cuts of the pump.
2. Rochas. The chunky heel of this gray pump is absolutely spectacular, in the same way that mine flowers are spectacular.
3. Dolce&Gabbana. These look as if Marie Antoinette herself traveled through time to design a pair of shoes for the Italian label.
4. Oscar de la Renta. We’ve all seen embellished shoes before, but Oscar de la Renta managed to make them look fresh all over again.
5. Derek Lam. A bit of 1970s, a bit of contemporary aesthetic. A bit of a loafer, a bit of a mule. These patent shoes are it.
6. Proenza Schouler. A peep toe with twist after twist, starting with the unfinished fabric and ending with the rounded metallic heel.
7. Dries van Noten. A great use of brocade and fringe, featuring cross straps and what looks like a really comfortable high heel.
8. Balmain. The classic stiletto is even more chic in soft pink and gold, with a tassel and thin ankle strap.
9. Donna Karan. We love the curved heel and platform, the straps crossing on the side of the foot, and the easy color combination of these sandals.
10. Balenciaga. If you ever had trouble believing the Cinderella fairy tale… these pumps might change your mind.
All images via style.com