Gaby Basora from Tucker started out as a costume designer and stylist before launching her own label in 2006. Her entrepreneurial spirit, her obvious talent and eye for fashion are a real inspiration. So we were very happy to collaborate with Tucker on their latest lookbook. The designs fit seamlessly together: our bold, high heeled shoes from SS16, and her fantastic prints and precious fabrics. This makes us even more excited to launch our spring collection officially!
Winter holidays are all about red, and we just happen to love red shoes. So we have no problem wearing our favourite red heels with all the glitter and aplomb that’s reserved for Christmas and New Year’s. Today, we’re sharing 3 outfit ideas that we hope will inspire you to up your shoe game and let yourself shine:
Everyone who knows a bit about fashion knows that black is the most stylish colour. It’s no wonder people often says “x is the new black”- black is the standard. And since this time of the year everyone is talking about black cats and witches and whatnot, we’re in the mood to talk about black shoes.
1. Illusion loafers (60% off!), will take you from work to weekend in no time. The orange piping make them perfect for an understated Halloween look.
2. Iceberg oxfords for comfortable everyday wear. This classic shoe is a basic in every woman’s wardrobe.
3. Jazz mules come with a thick wood heel that’s both comfortable and sexy. The 70s have never looked hotter.
4. Ingrid shoes (60% off!) are a wonderful balanced shoe, with the medium heel and the classic silhouette.
5. Isis booties (60% off!) are the update your autumn wardrobe needs. While the color is a classic, the heel details make them stand out.
6. Jens peep toes are edgy and fun, pretty much what you want to be wearing for the winter holiday parties.
7. James sandals are not just shoes, they’re like a piece of jewelry for your feet!
8. Heidi shoes mix the comfort of a block heel with the elegance of black patent leather, and the result is breathtaking.
Late September would be so sad without Fashion Month! The beginning of autumn can mean many things to many people, but we’re particularly excited about seeing the latest trends for next year. The trends in shoes, of course. We followed the collections from New York, London, Milan and Paris, and these were some of the most beautiful shoe designs we noticed:
2. These particularly pointy shoes by Christian Dior, made even more interesting by a cylinder heel, buckles and patent leather.
6. The sheer block heels from the new Boss collection are killers. Plus we can’t say no to mules, nor to this particular shade of soft pink.
All photos via vogue.com
It’s official: autumn is here and it looks beautiful! This W Magazine editorial was photographed by Emma Summerton and it showcases the best of the new season’s styles. You’ll notice all the greats – Dolce&Gabbana, Burberry, Valentino, Prada, Louis Vuitton etc. – all with a deep 1970s influence. And that’s an influence we don’t mind – after all, we’re very much into mules! Other footwear choices for the new season include pilgrim shoes, furry heels, high gladiators, patent leather and velvet.
And needless to say, we love the gorgoues models in this editorial: Aya Jones, Tami Williams, Ajak Deng, Binx Walton, Anais Mali and Amilna Estevão.
We’ll never be ready to let go of summer. But at least autumn comes with a bit of joy for fashion lovers: we get to layer and make outfits interesting again! So let’s start talking ankle boots, coats and knitwear for the upcoming season:
1. This is a simple upgrade to your white summer sundress. Just layer it with a beautifully tailored jacket and a pair of statement boots to add warmth and structure. The outfit is perfectly wearable any hour of the day. (photo source)
2. Take cue from J.Crew when it comes to easy, ‘why didn’t I think of that’ pairings! A bold yellow turtleneck is coupled with a soft pink midi skirt, while the shoes and bag are filled with fun, romantic florals. (photo source)
3. An edgy outfit has never looked more stylish: the black based is changed instantly with the aid of a metallic jacket and a pop of bright red lipstick. (photo source)
We’ve recently discovered this amazing new brand of lingerie, and are super excited to share it with you! “A nude bra and skin tone hosiery are the basics of every woman’s wardrobe, at least in theory. For many women of colour, finding suitable skin-tone hosiery and lingerie has not been an option. Frustrated by the lack of skin-tone choices to go with her ever-expanding wardrobe, Nubian Skin founder, Ade Hassan, decided it was time for ‘a different kind of nude’. ” The London-based brand launched a carefully curated line of lingerie and hosiery, to suit every shade of nude. We love the selection of basic and lace bras as well as the different types of panties that are flattering on any silhouette. Nubian Skin is a real celebration of the female body in all its diversity.